Best of Vintage Manchester 2012
We are pleased to announce that we’ve teamed up with creative events company The Social Butterfly to host Manchester’s first Vintage Awards Ceremony, also on board is our fabulous sponsor Pin-Ups in Pinnies.
The event is being held at Matt & Phreds jazz club located in Manchester’s eclectic Northern Quarter on Wednesday 17th October 2012.
As I’m sure you are aware, after all you are reading this, Manchester has a huge vintage following from both a business and community perspective. The Vintage Awards aims to showcase the best of Manchester’s vintage retailers and service providers thorough a series of specified awards categories. This event will also be a fantastic networking opportunity for those in the business as well as a fantastic night out for readers of VintageManchester.com.
The categories will include:
1. Best Vintage Fair or Market
2. Best Vintage Inspired Designer (Including Clothing and Accessories)
3. Best Vintage Clothes Shop
4. Best Vintage Furniture/Home Shop
5. Best Vintage Venue (Including Tea-Rooms, Bars and Lounges)
6. Best Vintage DJ
7. Best Vintage Night out
8. Best Vintage Beauty (hair or makeup)
9. Best Vintage Photographer
10. Best Vintage Event Supplier (Including Crockery & Prop Hire, Floristery, Bunting)
11. Best Vintage Blogger
12. Best Vintage New-Comer (Business must have been established in 2011/2012)
The categories will open on Wednesday 1st August 2012 and we are asking you to nominate your favourite in each category. The three businesses that have the most nominations will then be the finalists, which will again be put to the vote via the site. The winners will be announced, and awarded at the Awards Ceremony on Wednesday 17th October at Matt & Phreds jazz club, where they will hold the Best Vintage title until the Vintage Awards Ceremony 2013.
Tickets for the Vintage Awards Ceremony 2012 are on sale now, the finalists in each category will be given special tickets sent via post inviting them to come along.
The evening’s entertainment will include Live jazz from Kiki De Ville and Burlesque star, Suzie Sequin as Marilyn Monroe. Category winners will receive a special Best Vintage award that will be engraved with their Winning Category and Year Date. Winners will also receive a detailed, post-event feature on the Vintage Manchester website.
Terms and Conditions
• All entries must be based in Greater Manchester.
• All entries must be vintage or vintage inspired.
• Entrants can nominate themselves but will only be allowed to register one vote for themselves. Exceeding votes will not be counted.
• Entrants are encouraged to get their customers/patrons to vote for them.
• Sponsors of the Vintage Awards Ceremony 2012 will not be permitted to enter.
• Entertainment including venue, performances and photographers during the Vintage Awards Ceremony 2012 will not be permitted to enter.
We wish you the very best of luck!